Charcoal seems to be in everything these days. From toothpaste to masks. But where did it comes from?
For those who still wonders, "Charcoal is a lightweight black carbon residue produced by strongly heating wood (or other animal and plant materials) so as to drive off all water and other volatile constituents. In the traditional version of this pyrolysis process, called charcoal burning, the heat is supplied by burning part of the starting material itself, with a limited supply of oxygen" -sourced from Wikipedia
Here are a few benefits of charcoal for the skin & why it is becoming a skincare craze :
- Charcoal is said to be able to remove deeper impurities on skin. It unclogs the pores and effectively cleanses the skin & dead skin cells
- Dirt, toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, and other poisons are said to be attracted to the charcoal molecules and washed these away
- If your skin appears uneven & dull, charcoal helps to smooth out & evens out the skin tone
- Highly recommended for oily skin type as charcoal can pull the unwanted excess oils from your skin, leaving it smooth and clean
Aside than the skin, does charcoal benefits the hair/scalp? Check these out :
- If you love styling your hair with styling products and do this often, this may lead to hair getting unhealthy and scalp getting greasy/clogged. Charcoal helps to absorb deep-rooted impurities on the scalp-hair
- Do you easily sweat? Sweat and sebum can create build up on the scalp which leads to clogged hair follicles, limp hair, scalp itchiness, irritation, and even hair loss. Charcoal helps clears these out for you
- Charcoal promotes hair growth? When impurities which unclogs the pores in your scalp and thus detoxifying the follicles, this helps the hair grow better
TRY THIS OUT
Feels like incorporating some charcoal into your skincare or haircare?
Try out our Black Desert Refreshing Face & Scalp Soap. Contains Sodium Palmate (Palm oil), Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate (Coconut oil), Charcoal powder, and Eucalyptus Globulus oil (Eucalyptus oil) that nourishes your skin, hair & scalp. Suitable and highly recommended for those with oily skin type or those with acne problem.